Founder and Executive Director of ACE Overcomers;
Chairman, Family Wellness Council of Merced County;
Vice President, Governing Board Good Samaritan Mission, Selma, CA.
Professional Ethics Advisory Committee of ABC Home Healthcare Inc.
Over 20 years pastoral experience in Washington and California.
Educational Consultant and Intervention Specialist, Merced Union High School District.
B.S. Psychology, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA, Cum Laude, Member Psi Chi Honor Society.
B.A. Biblical Studies, Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College, San Dimas, CA.
Certified Anger Management Facilitator, Anderson & Anderson Psychological Services.
Married 41 years, father of 3 grown children.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)—What are they?
- Trauma Informed and Beyond- 8 Hour Course Approved by the California Board of State and Community Corrections (Standardized Training for Corrections) Cert # 10745-86368
- Building Healthy Life Skills- 2 Day Instructor Training Approved by the California Board of State and Community Corrections (Standardized Training for Corrections) Cert # 03051819
- Understanding the Effects of ACEs
- ACEs: Behavior and Interventions
- Does Your Agency Speak ACEs? Sponsored by The California Endowment
- Building Healthy Life Skills- Curriculum for Public School Students
RECENT PROGRAMS CONDUCTED
- Trauma Informed and Beyond 8 Hour Course for Correctional Officers
- Human Services Seminar, “Trauma Informed and Beyond” Kern County HSA
- Educator Seminar, “Understanding and Overcoming the Cycle of Adverse Childhood Experiences” sponsored by: First 5 Merced County & Merced County Office of Education
- Faith Based Seminar, “Does Your Church Speak ACEs?”
- Valley Community High School on the topic of “Breaking the Cycle of Child Abuse” sponsored by: Dignity Health –Community Foundation of Merced -First 5
- Madera County Child Abuse Prevention Coalition speaker
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Training seminar
- Keynote Speaker, Merced County Office of Education sponsored McKinney-Vento Homeless Student Connection
- Building Healthy Life Skills, Yosemite High School Merced, CA
- Guest Lecturer, University of California Merced, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Co-present workshop with Dr. Robert Anda at the Prevent Child Abuse Texas convention
- Workshop presentation at California Association of Child Welfare and Attendance
- Keynote Speaker, Oaklawn Psychiatric Hospital & Clinics (South Bend, IN)
- Counselor Training, Merced Union High School District
- SARB Workshop, Stanislaus County Office of Education
“Dave speaks effectively on the subjects of neurobiology and epidemiology”
– Jane Stevens, Journalist, Past Professor UC Berkeley, and Editor of www.acestoohigh.com
“Mr. Lockridge was masterful at making plain the concepts and connections between childhood adversity and the later onset of physical, emotional, and cognitive difficulties.
Dave provided us with solid applications and interventions that would allow us to help students calm themselves, increase their attention span, decrease outbursts, and improve cognition.”
– Julius Lockett, Principal
Valley Community School Merced Campus
CEO Urban Essentials 101, Inc.
“The students love Dave’s lectures. The ACE Overcomers program is based on sound psychological principles and research. My research team at UC Merced is conducting a research project evaluating the impact of the ACE Overcomers program.”
– Linda Cameron, Ph.D. Professor of Psychology University of California, Merced
“Dave provided training to Valley Community School staff.
His genuine concern for the victims of childhood trauma drew people into his presentations. His compassion and desire to help the victims of childhood trauma earned the trust and credibility of our staff. Staff members consistently provided positive feedback about the training. I highly recommend Dave’s training, especially for educators. ”
– Holly Newlon, Assistant Superintendent, Career and Alternative Education. Merced County Office of Education
“Mr. Lockridge is genuine and passionate about getting this critical information out into the community. I recommend him as a presenter without reservation”
– Monica Adrian, Caring Kids Program Manager, Merced County Office of Education