Best first steps for your church:
1.) Host a workshop, THE POWER OF A TRAUMA-INFORMED MINISTRY.
-AN EXCITING 2 DAY SEMINAR-
If you are unfamiliar with the ministry of ACE Overcomers, Here is an introduction. Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) refers to traumatic events that affect how a person develops physically, emotionally, cognitively, and spiritually. This training has helped thousands overcome the effects of stress and ultimately to trust God with every detail of life.
ACE Overcomers is unlike any other program: uniquely Christian, uniquely research-based.
Through a combination of biblical principles and sound science the training will:
- Improve your Counseling Skills.
- Understand and Overcome Trauma with Biblical & Scientific Principles.
- Improve Communication Skills.
- Improve Personal and Family Relationships.
- Conquer Habitual Behaviors.
- Overcome Depression, Anger, and Anxiety.
2.) Learn the basics about ACEs, take the ACEs quiz as a congregation, normalize being “not okay.”
3.) Preach and teach about adverse childhood experiences, contextualize trauma within a biblical/faith-based theology of inclusion, acceptance, and healing.
4.) Reach out to those working with youth in your community… teachers, health care workers, coaches, martial arts and YMCA leaders, etc. Have a coffee and a conversation about what they see and what the need is.
5.) Host a 12-week Faith-Based Class
- Overcoming a Difficult Childhood
- The 12-week bible study class is:
Bible Centered – The word of God is the basis of all truth.
Empowering – Biblical principles empowers you emotionally and spiritually.
Insightful – Discoveries regarding brain development provide insights into the effects of adverse childhood experiences and overcoming strategies.
Healthful – Addresses mind-body illnesses from a biblical perspective.
Renewing – Retrain the brain through emotional regulation and scripture memorization.
Scientifically Accurate – Based upon the ACE study, the science bears witness of the effects of sin and provides motivation to better understand how God works.
- Anxiety, Stress, Anger, Mind-Body Illnesses, Habits
- The Fight, Flight or Freeze Response
- Self-Confidence, How to Trust, How to Manage Emotions
- Defeat Mind-Body Illnesses, Self-Soothing
- Improved Attention & Concentration
Please call our office at 209.626.5446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about how your church can become trauma-informed.